Friday, November 14, 2008

Party Like A Barack Star!


okay okay i know there are many different emotions involved with the election. People either love or hate the outcome. Everywhere I turn I hear that Obama is the antichrist, Obama hates Christians, Obama swears on the Koran, Obama's Marxist, Obama hates babies. Families are replenishing their emergency stores, investing in the latest weaponry, sending their children to foreign, albiet "democtratic" lands. Well the clear majority voted for the guy so what are you going to do? Those who did vote for him swear that he will fix everything; stickers are mass produced donning the phrase "What Would Obama Do?" Serious debates are, at this very moment, being held over who's better: JC or Obama. Crazy right? Junior highers are just as polarized on the issue if not more so. The night Barack was elected I received a load of texts from some of them, absolutely ecstatic that he was victorious. I wondered what they were so excited about. I mean, do they even really know anything about the guy? Of course he is pretty cool and listens to Jay-Z and stuff so I guess I could understand. The next day I heard from students from the other camp, furious that the Nazi Socialists will be the next president, seriously worried for their futures. Never has a president been expected to wield such devastating (or salvific) power as the young man who will be inaugurated in January of 2009. What do I think? If he is truly the antichrist, it's about flippin time...

No comments: